Thursday, December 4, 2008

Continuing Comcast Troubles

Got a very nice and COMPETENT guy out today! The second competent guy in a row - will the universe explode? Getting very tired of the continuing signal problems, the moronic phone people who try to insist it's our problem, and the wrong people they send out to waste mine and their time. Wasted visit for the poor guy who came out Tuesday - I knew that, he knew that, but *that's* what the idiot phone guy had insisted on. So he looked at the DVR, looked at our wiring inside the house, nope, no problem. He was very nice and knowledgeable, unlike the string of other idiots. Identified right away as a signal/network problem, *like I said*, and flagged it for the appropriate guy.

But still no fix as of today, and had to call again. Competent phone guy *gasp*. Sent out the right technician, who theorizes that it's a bad connection between the hub and our house, since his meter readings indicated problems in the higher cable numbers. The wiring in the hub is new, but the wiring leading to our house is still old. The message I'm getting is that the idiot that "upgraded" the service area a year ago was too freaking lazy to upgrade that hub's old wiring to any of our houses, which is why we've all had intermittent problems since the "upgrade".

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

I apologize for the trouble we caused. If you are willing to provide the phone number linked to the account, I will be happy to reach out to our local leaders to ensure that this is corrected.

Thanks for providing the opportunity to assist!

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com