After a looooooot of research, I decided to go the midway route and get some New Wave 4 ft 4 bulb T5s. Not ready for the giant ballasts and HIDs yet. The heat was unbelievable. The spinning ones at the hydroponics store almost triggered a migraine too.
On the mention of a fellow Orchid Board member, I just bought my first set online at plantlightinghydroponics.com, which also close to the best price. So far the vendor's been fantastic. I immediately got receipt of my order, then an hour later, received the order-shipped notification along with UPS tracking. Update on Tuesday.
If this works out, 4 more sets getting bought. All in time for my orchids, the boarding people planning for mid-September ships. I really miss my plants!
The new 36" shelves got delivered today, just like the one in the pic a couple posts back. Going to buy two more 48" sets from Costco.
It's definitely going to be a challenge growing my orchids here, vs. California. Keep your eye on this space for my experiments on all this artificial lighting.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment