Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bulk Cat Food

Bulk purchased this month's kitty food. What's with all the freaking comments from people wondering how many cats I had to buy that much food for? I bulk shop at Costco for just Hubby and me. No one raises eyebrows when I buy a tower of TP or meat. Although I do remember snickering morons when I first started bulk buying TP back in '91. Guess it was a newer concept then. I vaguely remember being a little embarrassed myself lugging so much in my cart, not that it stopped me. Now it's just an accepted practice. If you have the storage space.

Maybe it'll be the same soon for pet food. I mean, it's not like eating is an occasional thing, and cans and kibble keep a while, so why not avoid weekly trips to fill the kitty pantry? I'm very glad I buy a wide variety, I felt vindicated when the pet food scare happened. Until then, my friends had thought I was nuts when I explained about different brands coming from the same manufacturer, etc. I looked into BARF a few years ago, but can't find anything that will work for me. One friend now cooks all the food for her doggy, I may incorporate that into their store-bought diet. But honestly? I'm just plain lazy, and cans are convenient.

No comments: