Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Woohoo - Perfect Catsitter

OMG was I ever relieved and gratified at the outcome of our first ever catsitter! Most expensive of all the sitters I spoke with, but worth it!! She was perfect, following all the instructions, leaving a log blurb about the kitties every visit. The kitties all just loved her when I first vetted her, so I was pretty happy....but you never really know, right? Turned out perfect. Came home during her last visit, and got to chat with her for a while. Gave her one of the kitty houses and a bunch of other kitty beds no one's using. She teared up when she said goodbye to my furrkids, she'd really bonded with them. I was happy.

Because of the very loving sitter, the furrkids didn't look as shell-shocked as after the Spain trip. They just really hate being left alone, and need the companionship. Kayla LOVED her so much, I think she'd prefer her to me! Ginza loves anyone who pets and combs him, so he was happy. Mozart seemed happy to see me, and surprisingly Pixie seems to have missed me the most! Apparently she had no appetite, and low energy, while Kayla, the picky eater, ate like a pig around the sitter!!! Ginza reluctantly ate his prescription food, and had no FLUTD flareups.

The only sour note was my completely moronic friend whom I called while traveling to ask for a housecheck (she's 5 minutes away) so I could feel 100% that the sitter was doing her job. Not only did she not bother to leave me a message at all that she was too busy so I could call someone else to do it, she sounded insane when I finally called again near the end of my trip! The whole conversation was soooo bizarre - it got dark earlier, there was rain earlier, she didn't want to bump into the sitter for fear of harm for surprising her (?!), etc. Totally crazy person. *Shrug*. What're you gonna do.

No comments: