Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good Day Today

Wanted to stay in all day, but ended up dragging myself out to Target and the vacuum store to pick up the replacement belts for the Hoover (P.O.S.!!!!!) Even got some takeout before heading home. Mood much improved after the outing, glad I went out.

First, the vacuum: we have a 6 yr old Hoover bagged Windtunnel, and I hated this thing from the day I got it. It is cheap, it's horrifically loud, but without much suction, and it is very heavy. The first month one of the buttons broke off it with just light push from me, then the self-propel started malfunctioning 4 mths later (the motor started burning), so I had to switch that off and go manual.

The nicest vacuum guy (he and his wife run the store) spent a good 15 minutes demonstrating a couple of vacuums for me, and I fell in love with the Miele Tango. After doing some product research and price comparisons on it, I will go buy one from him. It's one hell of an expensive vacuum, but I've tried out enough of them to know this one's worth paying for.

Then some practicalities from Target, including some Aveeno cleanser and face cream.

No comments: