Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chewed Out Contractor

This morning. Oscar giving Hubby the usual bullshit until I came out, so he couldn't play the 'other person knew' game. Once I started MY questioning (grilling) he finally admitted the crazed cracks on the top level was a fuck-up (Hubby unhappy that he didn't just admit it up front and had to take me grilling him to get it out of him). Insisted the cracks on the stairs were normal. The rest of the stuff: more bullshit, bullshit, blah blah. Most unbelievable? He actually blamed ME for the project going south, because apparently my checking things out made them nervous which caused them to make mistakes. WTF??, I said, and yelled a bit, which had him backtracking fast, but damage done. Now I'm mad.

Bottom line: Freak occurrence. Also design flaws. Nothing to be done that wouldn't make things worse at this point. We'll just live with it. But I got my point across that if he'd been more honest about what to expect, we wouldn't be as unhappy. I'm used to freak and unusual happenings. No biggie. Just don't fucking lie to us about it being 'normal'.

Hubby and I work really well together: he's more tempered and can overlook his BS meter. When my bullshit meter goes off, I go off with it.

Now we're both really freaking tired of talking about this thing. Moving on. They're sealing it today, we'll go get soil to fill around the edges. The rose bushes'll be the first thing in. Yippee. Then some furniture. Shoot, must scrub and seal the teak furniture. Way too expensive not to maintain.

No comments: