Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Orchid Open House

Dropped in at Fiori d'Amore to add to the ever-growing collection. Got 9 assorted: 4 cyms, 2 oncs, 1 dend, 1 BLC, and a first ever addition - a Neofenetia. It was the *cutest* little thing, and fragrant. Didn't have time to scour their catt section, so may go back tomorrow.

Family-owned business, once a year they open up their Oakland grounds. I usually get stuff from them at orchid shows. The owners are so nice and they obviously love their collection. It's a huge property with tons of beautiful orchids and other flowers. It's wonderful to wander around, although it's pretty sloping in areas, and I always forget to wear flat shoes!

Of course I forgot that I now have mobile capability and could have taken a few pics of their impressive grounds. Hmmm, that means I definitely have to make a return trip!

Edit 5/7/09: Pics from a revisit!

No comments: