OMFG, I got such a scare tonight. As I opened the patio door, Kayla was apparently waiting behind me, and dashed right outside. This was the first time ever that anyone's tried that! Calmly walked outside and asked her to come back in, to which she back-mouthed me, a sharp meow. She peered over the edge of the patio, decided it was too steep or boring, but didn't run further away from me. I slowly edged closer, closer, then snatched her up. Whew.
Once I got inside my hands couldn't stop shaking and my heartbeat didn't go back to normal for a half hour. The whole time I was figuring out how to get her, I was panicked that she had no collar, it was so dark, she could run down the ravine and I couldn't follow. I was thinking that I'd have to sit out all night until she came back.... on and on.
Hubby was shocked too when I told him. They're now aware of the 'outside', at least Kayla is. Too smartie-pants. This makes 2 wanderers (Pixie was my fault). We need a plan.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment