| From Misc |
| From Misc |
So, we're watching TV last night around 10pm, when we heard someone blasting away at their car horn outside our house. First time ever in over 8 years. We investigate, and our neighbors' kid's car has stopped 100 yards away. A very slow moving deer is walking off. I think that it's been hit, or something, and start walking towards it.
But wait.....it's the strangest looking deer I've ever seen, I think. Oh, wait. It's not a deer at all, it's ..... yes, it is!! Kid is out of his car, asking, "Is this your horse?" That's right. A horse. Wandering down our street. Now, there's a lot of wildlife here, but this is weird. The horse starts walking towards me, while the kid's calling his parents as well. We're trying to figure out what to do, and just accompany the horse as he's walking down the street and stops at our neighbors' just as they're getting off the phone with their kid. "No joke", I say, "It's definitely a horse."
The cops are called, the cops make calls, we wait with the horse, and since I don't want him wandering down into the canyon where no-one could get him, the neighbor gets some rope. We feed him apples, he chews on the grass, he nips us a little, he likes petting, he's so sweet. This was someone's pet.
At first we thought the horse escaped, until the neighbors said they'd seen him earlier on the back of someone's pickup, and had just been joking that they were going to dump him. Then we all knew.
So we all share a bottle of wine, keep the horse company, until almost midnight, when the cops were called again, only to find out that they weren't coming out till the next day when animal control opened. We all left the horse tethered to the front of their house. I checked up on him at 4am, and met a skunk on the way. He got picked up by 11am.
Poor horse. I wonder if they'll be able to place him, or if he'll be put down. Dumping off a pet like garbage. Fucking people.
No comments:
Post a Comment