Thursday, March 18, 2010

First Week In Chicagoland

Pretty uneventful here, haven't been out much, just at the apartment with a parade of service people in and out. The weather's been really nice, apparently unseasonably warm. Snow expected this weekend. There you go.

And neighbors. Not used to all the noise and activity. And smells. Someone cooked what smells like Indian food, and it reeked in the hallway for days. No ventilation?

Kitties less jumpy at the noises around them.

Guys removed the furnishings from the extra bedroom so we could use it like an office. DVR came in today. Found the laundry supplies and our own soap in the boxes, haven't been able to find the dishwasher stuff. That idiot extra packing kid did all the bathroom stuff, and had absolutely no sense. Two boxes that I've opened so far have had leaking stuff. One had the shower door wheel that he broke from the house that he didn't even have the good sense to leave so that I didn't have to rush to HD to pick up a spare to repair it. When I had asked him about it, he'd completely denied having anything to do with it. Grrr.

Meeting with the realtor this weekend, what for, I have no idea. She insisted, even after I told her things were dependent on the house selling, and we had no idea of the area or what we wanted from a new abode. *Shrug*.

1 comment:

JC said...

I hope things pick up for you ...