The realtor visit turned out to be very good. She took us to an excellent breakfast place. Then took us to a couple areas she thinks will fit the bill for what we wanted, and I'm already in love with a couple of the areas. Arlington Heights, not so much. We loved Elmhurst and Oak Park, but there seems too broad a socio-economic range for our comfort level. But I'm already favoring Elmhurst anyway.
Hinsdale is the right area level-wise for us, but the whole "life-revolves-around-the kids-and-church" thing won't work for us at all. But this is all encouraging! We thought it would take up to a year to find areas that would fit us. And not being able to live in the City was really disappointing. H wants to try out the commute anyway from Lincoln Park, but I'm certain that's not going to happen. Sorry, hon.
Spent the rest of the time driving around checking things out. It was really jarring to wake up to snow-covered-everything Saturday morning after a beautiful sunny warmish week. But it was still ok. Dealable.
I've found the three local PBS stations - PLUS one split out its international programming that includes....yup, the international mystery nights! I get my Montalbano and Wallander again. I'm happy.
Things are getting much better.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment