How sad it was to play this episode!!! I waited a while before watching it, so I could prolong the illusion that the series was still going on (yeah, yeah, I know it aired a year ago in the UK). This episode did not disappoint. It was the top 5 best series ender I've ever seen. What a dignified, still, poignant but un-sappy last show. What splendid (and usual) psychological murder-solving. It was just so sad and so perfect to see the DCS quietly put on his coat and hat and exit. Perfect.
Plot: Foyle investigates the death of a doctor who was part of the party committee celebrating the end of the war. Turns out it's the hotel magnate guy who'd gotten someone else to sub for him in the medical exam so he could weasel out of serving in the war. Very interesting subplots, including a cover-up of a major exercise fuck-up that resulted in hundreds of soldier deaths.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment