Thursday, August 14, 2008

Movie - Elizabeth: The Golden Age

This sucked eggs. Sucked eggs BIG. What a POS!!!

I loved the first Elizabeth. As close to perfect as a movie can get. One of my top 10. Poor Cate Blanchett, she's a wonderfully talented actress who was ROBBED of the Oscar to that hack (despite her, I loved Shakespeare in Love). I can understand her signing on to EII, but shit, this was so bad. The guy was determined to be artsy, with all the views thru many different translucent things - doors, windows, cups, mirrors, blah, blah, tons of pointless panning, sweeping, majestic shots. Enough already! Added nothing to the movie; even worse, dragged down the pace and made it tedious. Poorly edited, the characters' lines all sounded chopped, like they were responding to someone else, or no dialogue at all.

Watched this while working out, and lemme tell ya, it was a big incentive to go faster so I could log my target distance quicker and stop watching the movie. Unfortunately it didn't work, I finished the movie while stretching.

What's hilarious are the reviewers I read that have conniptions about the (non)-accuracy of movies like this, based on historical figures. Are they kidding?!? They're movies!! Never professed to be "accurate" history, it's "based on a true story".

No comments: