Monday, April 13, 2009

Idiot Gets into Polar Bear Exhibit

Not usually in keeping with this blog's tone, but as an animal lover this Telegraph.co.uk article was too much to pass up. Too much especially with the sad incident with the other idiots at the SF Zoo a while back. I really hope nothing happens to the bears as a result of this idiot's actions. I'm surprised she wasn't mauled more - perhaps they were pleased at moving live food and wanted to play with it a bit more first. Nice change for feeding time, they thought.

It really begs the question: "WHAT THE FUCK were you thinking??!" Animals are animals. Big ass polar bears are animals. Did she think they were going to give her a human-like hug? She apparently scaled 3 different levels of fences before 'accidentally' falling into the actual pool. Those fences are there for a reason. A very very good reason.

I love and humanize my cats dearly, but I have no illusions that they wouldn't attack the hell out of me if they were hurt and I was trying to treat them. Or, if there wasn't any other food available for days and I were half-dead, they wouldn't eat me. Yeah, right.

No comments: