Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pixie The Escapee

Scary moment #? Broke one of my cardinal rules today. Thou shalt never leave any patio door open longer than it takes to get in and out. I could excuse it by saying I was stressed out, but that's lame. I screwed up.

I stood in the middle of the doorway when I get interrupted, and thought it would be quick. Next thing I know, O points out that one of my cats is 'over there', 'there' being all the way at the right end of the house, at the edge of the new patio. Sure enough, Pixie's crouched at the edge contemplating heading off to the side of the house. I calmly and casually start walking toward her, she sees me coming, and races back to the patio door, thankfully! That comforted me a lot, that if she did get out again she'd know exactly where to return.

First time ever for me in 7 years. Guess I'm allowed one. Doesn't make me feel any better.

No comments: