Pixie scared me this morning! She wasn't running around like her usual energetic self, and when I found her in Hubby's office, she was sitting in a classical kitty pose with the two front paws in front, but she didn't look right. Her fur was fluffed, and her pupils were big. It felt like she'd been sitting like that for a while, and I told her to come along for breakfast, but she didn't come, and she's usually running around meowing.
Only when she heard the cans did she finally walk down (not trot), and only ate half her breakfast. No meowing, no circling. Then she sat in the kitty pose again, and looked like she was staring off into space, breathing hard, squinting and swallowing a lot. Didn't look interested in treaties or the laser. Shivered a lot when she stretched out, front and back legs. But when I poked and squished her, she didn't growl or hiss, so that was good.
Debated on canceling my appt and running her to the vet, but didn't want to freak her out more or be the overconcerned mommy with such vague symptoms. I admit, though, if I didn't have the appt I would probably have taken her in.
When I got back, though, she sorta acted the same, so I was ready to run her in. But she seems to be a little more active again, so I'll just keep an eye on her. Fingers crossed.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
How is she? I'm so glad you are aware of what's going on with her - so many people don't pay enough attention to their furry companions to know one way or another. I think Jess could breathe 'differently' and I'd know it in a heart-beat - she and I are so very close. (I have a german shepherd) I hope there's nothing more serious than a stuck hairball. . .please update when you can. (((hug)))
Post a Comment