WOOHOO!!!!! After a whole freaking month, I think I've found a fantastic contractor who does seriously quality work at a reasonable price!!!! A referral from our friends whose neighbors got some beautiful work done by him, and still using him. To boot, he came in $5k under the next lowest quote. He services our area types, and he's done some beautiful magazine-worthy stuff.
After looking at the deck, and below it, he flat out asked, why spend that much money replacing it? Stamp concrete the whole area, tier it, create planting areas for the millions of plants. I was very resistant to concrete, as I had nasty gray crack-riddled trashy-low-type images come to mind. But he had tons of pics of some gorgeous work he did, and OMFG, I was in heaven.
He's the first one to actually discuss creating growing areas for me, after seeing all the plants. Without me bringing it up. He's also the first to address saving the real estate at the extreme left drop, which Hubby wanted. Again without me bringing it up. It's so refreshing to have someone who's observant!
Crunching numbers for us now. Hope he doesn't disappoint, so I can get started. I see an end in sight for the hideous deck.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment