With all the noise from both the front and back yards, I decided to escape. Stressed! Felt bad about having really stretched Oscar's patience to the limit for the day, while freaking about a possible mistake changing the width of the patio landing. I didn't realize he thought I was giving an order, not posing a what-if question. Must be careful in future. Felt soooo horrible about leaving the kitties, considered taking them with me - no, even more stressful for them.
So off to L & L's for an hour break for lunch. Picked up some Chipotle for us. Had a quiet, relaxing time. Until I drove home.
Zooming up (60mph) a packed 101N in the 2nd from fast lane. Suddenly, 4 cars ahead, a car spins out of control in the fast lane, completing 2 circles before thankfully stopping in the divider, no blocking. Simultaneously so fast and so slow. Disbelief as I'm looking directly at the spinning driver, at the smoking tires. 'Not real. Yes real. Oh yeah. Oh shit, will crash. Can't get over, too crowded. Accept. No, maybe you can, look' racing thru my head, before taking a quick glance to my right and behind (what! space? space! go!) and changing to the next lane over. Passing the girl as she got out. Passing 2 cars also just parked over to the right. Continuing on, with my shaken fellow drivers. Thankful I wasn't the 1st two cars on the frontline looking directly at that spinning car. Heart pounding and hands slightly shaking.
Getting back, I have to park on the street for a sec. I look over at the Comcast patch job and can't believe what I'm seeing. A large stripe of tiny dark red aggregate in the middle of my white and grey aggregate. Are you kidding?!? Can't think about it right now, still shaking.
Ernesto tells me I can pull the car in now. He's leaving. I go start my car, and it dies. Try it again. Dies. Frantically waving a departing Ernesto to get a jump. Won't charge. Try again. Nope. Try again. Rev engine. Finally. Must let engine run for 10 mins.
Hubby calls while I'm sitting there. I pour out my little stories. He listens for 5 minutes. Poor man, they've lost his luggage. Lost his *confirmed* seat too, had to buy a 2nd one. I feel so bad. He feels worse, I could have been mangled.
We've both had equally shitty days. That's all for now.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment