Thursday, February 5, 2009

Book Tag

Found this fun tag over at K&G Bookclub Blog Book Tag Post.

Here are the rules:

1) Grab the nearest book.
2) Open to page 56.
3) Find the 5th sentence.
4) Post the text of the next 2-5 sentences and these rules.
5) Pick the closest book (not the favorite, cool, or intellectual).

6) Tag 5 other bloggers!


















Pg 56, next 5 sentences after the first 5th sentence:

There was the world I lived in on Nepean Sea Road, and there was another world whose people came to wash our clothes, look at our electric meters, drive our cars, inhabit our nightmares. We lived in Bombay and never had much to do with Mumbai. Maharashtra to us was our servants, the banana lady downstairs, the textbooks we were force-fed in school. We had a term for them: ghatis - literally, the people from the ghats, or hills. It was also the word we used, generically, for 'servant.'

I tag:

1. Pamela4cats
2. Kaleidoscopic Life
3. TheKatzMeow
4. Notes From La Mancha
5. MizMinka

And everyone else!

1 comment:

catsinger said...

hi LKPCA...I stumbled here from Miz Minka's...& found I was tagged...I'm currently BUI[blogging under the influence] of vicodin...
I had surgery Weds to repair a ruptured tendon & torn ligament in my dbl dislocated left middle finger...
so I'm laying low/flyimg high...;D
I will say that the closest book to me is a"Gather" hymnal...the requested text is:
"Give back to me the joy of your salvation, let your willing spirit bear me up & I shall teach your ways to the ones who have wandered & bring them all home to your side"
[Psalm 51:14-15]
Catsinger[notes from La Mancha]