Wednesday, February 4, 2009

House Stuff So Expensive

Finally got up some energy to tackle some of the home projects again, and the first contractor I called said he could make it over right away. 2 hours later, he's just managed to depress the hell out of me. Got a $3750 quote for a short boulder retaining wall for 175ft. Can't tell if that's good or bad. Have a couple others coming, so then I'll have some comps. He also estimated at least $25k to fix the deck. I know that's bullshit, because the other comp I've gotten was $7800. So I'm guessing that the boulder wall will be half his quote. That'd be nice.

That wasn't the really bad news. The really bad news was that he saw possible bug damage on the wood retaining wall and deck. So that's freaking me out. Scheduled a couple people to come out and take a look. Wonder how bad it'll be.

It's all ok. Take a deep breath.

No comments: