Monday, February 23, 2009

Kitchen Wall One Done!

Took most of Friday thru 11pm, but the largest wall was washed, spackled, sanded, prepped and painted!! Counters and everything cleaned! Woohoo!

Used 'Vermont Cream', a pale warm white, which didn't clash with the pretty accent wall on the left, kinda bluish-grey-green. I love that color, and now I can't remember what the heck it was. Couldn't remember any of the test swatches I'd painted on either. How long ago was this project! LOL. Wish I'd started this blog earlier, then I could've searched it for the colors.

Only bad thing was the paint tape tore off part of the wallpapered ceiling. WALLPAPERED CEILINGS. GRRRRR. So I got a nice square cut off, but the whole thing'll need removing. It's high time, but I was hoping to put it off a while longer, when we'd just rip the whole soffit off. Without the hideous brown paper, the space looks so much brighter already. Can't wait to remodel.

No comments: