Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ikea Weekend Hell

OMFG. The area this Ikea's in is unbelievably traffic-planning-incompetent bad. It was a small town that just experienced this huge growth spurt which brought thousands of people into the town, but didn't bother figuring out how to move them all in and out through the streets. It's still not been fixed, even after a series of articles 10 years ago. The freeway merge is also unbelievable. I'm surprised more people don't get into accidents there.

Anyway. Decided to finally get the square shelving, didn't look too bad or shabby. Only catch: needed 3, and only 1 would fit into the car at a time. So...after the first reconnoitering to decide short or tall shelves, had to make a total of 4 trips at a half hour each way. Hubby and I were extremely snappy to each other, needless to say. Then I spent the next 5 hours assembling them all by myself, since Hubby was occupied by the Super Bowl.

But at the end, it was all done. And it looks great.

No comments: