Rushed poor Kayla to the vet this morning, and she's getting IV fluids now to help flush out any bad toxins from the half daffodil flower she ate. I managed to pull 2 petals away from her mouth. Vet reassured me that the flower isn't as toxic as stem ingestion.
Only now I'm a little freaked out, because she didn't vomit it back up, just foam, they said, and I figured she would since I got her in there within 15 mins of ingestion. Now that leaves a nasty little worry at the back of my mind that maybe one of the others really ate that flower? Now I'm trying to replay over and over where everyone was while I had my back turned for *just that minute*.
Grilled the vet tech who had no info on whether anything preventative I could do for the other two. Vet not available. Done a bunch of reading myself. Wonder where to get activated charcoal. Will ask vet this ev. when I pick Kayla up.
Kicking myself for being a moron and not enclosing the flowers right away.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment