She came thru everything fine. Yippee!! Bad news: while cleaning her teeth, they discovered a cavity on the exact tooth opposite side, so they extracted it. Bummer. I would have preferred to take her to a specialist to get it filled instead. But it was a snap judgment on the table, so that's fine. Two sets of dissolving stitches on each side of her face.
The vet spoke briefly to me. I wasn't happy that it seems that the vet was nowhere near her - the vet tech seems to have done everything. But she sounds like she knew what she was doing, and she talked to me for quite a bit, which was nice, and even saved her teeth to give me back.
The bottom lip swelling was indeed something else, perhaps an allergy to something new, the vet said, or a spider bite like I mentioned.
So Clavamox for the swelling, and 5 days of Metacam for the pain.
She's already sniffing the carrier and going into it again (!?), and racing around meowing for food. Such a relief to have her home.
| From Kitties |
No comments:
Post a Comment