Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Poor Pixie Loses A Claw

Oh, how ghastly. Poor little thing must be in a lot of pain. She's very quiet, no purring, and favors her right paw by not scratching on the post or marching on us.

Last night she fell off the cat house. She seems to be just as clumsy as Mozart was! She smacked into the cabinet door on the way down, and that must have been how her pinky claw got ripped out. She shook her head real hard and shivered, then ran off into the sanctuary of 'her' guest room. I got her and cuddled her a bit and took her over to Hubby for more cuddles, and then I saw a big blood smear on his arm. She let me see the ripped claw, then she ran back to her sanctuary, but about an hour later she slowly came out to guard-cat the stairs like usual, so that was a good sign. Then she slept on the floor on my side of the bed, staring at the 'evil' cat house, trying to figure out what happened? LOL. I found the bloody nail, and it just killed me.

This morning she seems to have stopped bleeding. Will keep an eye on it for infection. Poor poor thing. I just can't stand it when they're hurt, even if this little.

RANT: Did a google search on it, seems to be a common thing, primarily because people don't trim their kitties' nails and it snags. Must be a lot of freak accidents like ours, too, I'm sure. I get freaking unbelievably aggrieved about the comments that their cats 'aren't in pain' and 'seem fine'. How the HELL would they freaking know??? Why don't *they* try ripping a nail off and see how that feels. OF COURSE the cat's in pain. They're just not going to complain and whine and scream about it like humans. They're animals!! They show pain in the wild, they get killed and eaten! Which is why they hide! Hello! The pain signs are there if you know what to look for. God, that pushes my buttons!!!! Ok, I'm done.

No comments: