Thursday, August 6, 2009

Orchid Maintenance

Now that I'm not constantly monitoring the kritters, I can turn some attention back to the orchids. Took four hours - along with continuous interruptions from the kitty-people looking for hugs or snacks or just to see what I was doing.

All indoor orchids showered and brushed and checked for pests. Even dusted the furniture. Repotted Brassia Edvah Loo 'Goldilocks' and Paph Pinocchio into smaller pots. Think I might work up the energy to take everything out this weekend, the weather forecast looks good. New spike bud started on Phal amabilis.

Outdoor orchids had some funky weather today. Overcast all morning, lots of fast-moving clouds all day alternating with full sun. And windy. Gusty. Blew over both zygos before I just decided to put them on one of the carts. Worried it might stress them out, so I moved both carts as close to the house as possible for shelter. Second day up to the right side of the patio. Sun till almost 6pm.

No comments: