Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vent - Indian-Based Blog Comment Spammers

Well, this is a departure from the usual tone here, but it's my blog, I'm in a pissy mood, and 'Nicolette' caught me at a really wrong time.

I've been getting (more frequently now) comments on how cute my cats are, nice patio furniture, nice buys, etc. Included are links referencing the item in your post, like 'Home Depot', BUT are really links to cheesy 'coupon-saving' or 'money-making' sites. I clicked on 2 of these a year ago - god I hope I didn't get any malware. They've ALL originated from Indian IP addresses searching blogs for things like Home Depot - the last search was Petco, and a comment from 'Nicolette', which prompted this pissiness. I didn't even bother clicking the 'Petco' link to see where it went, but I'm sure it didn't go to Petco.

On one hand, I guess it's a good (?!) thing - the reptiles' attention coming my way is because my blog is getting more traffic. I've even gotten a couple linking to porn sites.

On the other hand, it's annoying to get spammers. I'm not current on terminology - what's this shit even called now? Anyway. It's a fact of internet life. Back to the regular program already in progress. OMG. In a few more years, like 'dialing the number', kids won't even know what that means!

Wow. Am I in a mood today.

No comments: