I'm so freaked out. I feel like the crappiest catmom in the world. I've been checking Pixie's swollen lip since it started on Tuesday, and have been looking right at her teeth too, but missed it until this morning. Decided that I would take her in tomorrow just to be sure (usually I overreact, so didn't want to do it again - usually she would have been there already Tues).
As I was staring at her jaw this morning to check it, and looking at her teeth, it finally registered that .... after the fang on her left side, there's NO TOOTH!!!! How could I miss that?!? There's just a little nub left, and some pulp exposed. She's had an exposed tooth since July 14!!! She must be in sooooo much pain, poor poor thing! She was more subdued, but I just chalked it up to the claw. She was eating ok, and I didn't watch her closely to see how she was eating. I found the claw back then but wasn't looking for a tooth. Looked today, but afraid it's already in the vacuum bag.
I've gotten everything ready for the vet trip tomorrow, and fasting her in the hope that they can take care of it there immediately. I hope that they don't have to refer us to a specialist. I hope it's not a fractured jaw too, which is also common in this type of injury, and would explain the swollen lip. I'm hoping for a lot of things.
I'm so worried. I hate when they have to go under, there's always a chance of complications. And both Mozart and Kayla's meows sounded different afterwards, like their vocal cords had been damaged.
The Petrona Award 2026 - Longlist
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
Ah, poor baby - boy, she's been a brave soul! :) Hope vet can take care of her quickly so that she's a lot more comfortable.
Oh, thanks for the nice thoughts for her! I love my little furrkids more than...gasp, the orchids. I feel even worse that I just saw an earlier post with a big yawn pic of her last week, and the missing tooth is clearly shown. *Sob*
I'm so stressed out right now worrying about tomorrow not even the orchids are providing a distraction. I even snapped 2 petals off one of my blptms, which made me even more miserable.
Post a Comment